Magnet links stop working in Chrome

ggurman

Recently, I've been having a problem with magnet links. I use Chrome, and when it's first loaded, magnet links work fine, but after some random amount of time, they stop working and I need to shut down Chrome and restart it to get them to work again, and when I do, Chrome doesn't shut down properly. I did this today and when I went to TPB, I saw a message saying that Chrome doesn't support magnet links and it gave me an "Upgrade" button. When I clicked it, it brought me to a download page for Thrush. I assume that's some competing browser--I didn't investigate.

I realize this isn't really a uTorrent problem. It seems almost like a virus in Chrome. I'm just posting here to see if anyone else has encountered this and, if so, what the source of the problem is.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I haven't seen that button again, but I still have problems with magnet links stopping working after some time. I also seem to be having problems with web pages hanging, but I'm not sure if they're related. I'm currently testing my extensions to see if it's one of them, but it's hard because I don't know how long to wait before testing the magnet links.

Archived