Have trouble seeding since I went wireless

TheSeeder

Recently I put a PCI-E wi-fi adapter on my pc. I don't know if it is a coincidence or what, but I am having trouble seeding torrents since that time. I didn't have this problem before.

I am on a private tracker that requires me to have a 1:1 ratio. I am having trouble getting this ratio on my torrents lately. For example, yesterday I grabbed a new release like 1 hour after it came out, and I am still at only 0.5 today.

The thing is that my wireless speeds are correct. I can still upload and download at a similar speed as wired. The problem seems to be about connecting to other users for seeding. I see peers in the torrent job description, yet I have trouble being connected with anybody for sustained periods of time. Is it possible that being wireless affects this?

Yes, but I'm not sure I'd consider it likely. The go to answer is private trackers are so chronically overseeded it makes it difficult to compete for ratio.

What does the wireless link speed show up as? Does switching repeatedly between Ethernet and WiFi give a clear correlation between the WiFi not doing well and Ethernet functioning fine?

Archived