Wrong torrent stats, no update available ( 3.2.3), very slow

RollsReus

Hi.

uTorrent have basically just been a nightmare. When I click on a torrent it tells me that it has been downloading for 23 minutes, but it has actually been download for like 24 hours. When I check, 1 second is like 1-2 minutes.

ETA time refreshes slow as hell, when a torrent is downloading on like 50 kb/s it shows that it's an hour left, when it is above 500 kb/s it shows that a year is left (just an example).

For some reason it is usually just downloads at around 50 kb/s when it should be around 1.5 mb/s. Sometimes it is around there, but usually never goes higher than 500 kb/s, but as I said, for most of the time, the download speed is less than 100 kb/s. It has been setup correctly, port, router etc. (I know this isn't the right place for this, but this is just one of many problems).

So I thought this may correct itself if I update, but when I try, I get prompted with a message that tells me that no updates are available. But my version is 3.2.3...What if I download the newest version from the uTorrent website and install it over the existing one, will I lose my torrent then? Will I have to restart the download?

will I lose my torrent then? Will I have to restart the download?
No and no, assuming nothing goes awry that is. Always backup the settings directory before starting.

Updates are staggered, only 1% or 2% of requests are actually serviced to avoid overloading the servers.

For some reason it is usually just downloads at around 50 kb/s when it should be around 1.5 mb/s
According to whom or what?

AND uTorrent shows speeds in Bps not bps (1Bps = 8bps)

will I lose my torrent then? Will I have to restart the download?
No and no, assuming nothing goes awry that is. Always backup the settings directory before starting.

Updates are staggered, only 1% or 2% of requests are actually serviced to avoid overloading the servers.

For some reason it is usually just downloads at around 50 kb/s when it should be around 1.5 mb/s
According to whom or what?

AND uTorrent shows speeds in Bps not bps (1Bps = 8bps)

According to my bandiwith. That is also the speed I had before the problems.

Mine uTorrent is in Norwegian so it shows in kB/s (1MB=1024kB)

It just went up to 500 kB/s before it dropped down to 20 kB/s..again.

Mine uTorrent is in Norwegian
In that case it is quite possible that it is a problem with the translation pack
It just went up to 500 kB/s before it dropped down to 20 kB/s..again.
Nothing particularly unusual about that, BitTorrent data transfer is NOT a constant rate data stream and having the speed graph in a small resolution WILL be 'spiky'

Archived