Is download speed right?

noespam

Is uTorrent calculating/displaying dowload speed correctly? UTorrent consistenly displays higher download speeds than other clients. I tried this by starting and cancelling the same torrent file many times alternating between utorrent and other clients and allowing each to run for several minutes. It's hard to test for sure due to the nature of the protocol and the dynamic conditions of a swarm. In total time to dowload a file uTorrent doesn't *seem* any quicker than Azureus or BitComet which is what I expect actually.

In any case, it's still my preferred client. It's light on resources and starts quickly. The only feature I miss is not being able to ban IPs in the Peers tab. Much thanks to all the developers who work on it!!!

i dont see how speed matters. eventually you will get the file.

so, people actually "watch" the torrents DL in real time?

sounds boring to me, like fishing...well, until you get the prize catch *cough*and throw it back in :P

Although, I may try it...cause uTorrent has that neat little blue rectangle area that fills up with blue, showing you a graphical interpretation of what pieces of the file you've completed.

Archived