one file is dl slowly, dozens of files with seeders say checked 0.0%

AbandonwareGamer

Thank you, I'm done and outta here. Guess that's why they call you Ciao Baby ;)

Taken from: http://user.utorrent.com/help/faq/installation

Close µTorrent and delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %AppData%\uTorrent. It is also possible to clear the settings in the uninstall process

Noob help: Close µTorrent (right click the µTorrent icon in the lower right corner of your screen and click exit), click start, click run, type in %AppData%\uTorrent and press enter, then delete settings.dat (it will most likely just be named "settings" and be next to settings.dat.old) and settings.dat.old

That fixed my problem, thanks. I'm leaving this topic up so that those who search for checked 0.0%, default settings without reinstalling it or other things I searched for will be able to find their answer without having to post a thread or figure out on their own that resetting to default settings will fix it.

oob help: Close µTorrent (right click the µTorrent icon in the lower right corner of your screen and click exit), click start, click run, type in %AppData%\uTorrent and press enter, then delete settings.dat (it will most likely just be named "settings" and be next to settings.dat.old) and settings.dat.old
??????

And is that not exactly the same as

Close µTorrent and delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %AppData%\uTorrent.
that is the instruction in the FAQ AND in the user manual which nobody bothers to read before posting a question.

Archived