People Can't seem to download from me since update

bfburkejr

Hello,

I recently updated to v.3.3 and when I did I lost all the torrents that were seeding in my window. Now I have replaced them, but it seems people can't get to them for the most part. Every once and a while, but even them not fast and not for long. I have checked bandwidth settings and they are all ok. I am jusat trying to be a "good" member of the community by seeding and I don't know what I did. Any idea's?

Peace,

Brian

I use the full version of AVG internet security and AVG PC Tune-Up as well as a few other things like Piriform Programs and Spybot. It has gotten better since my port. I mostly just deketed many of the files nad kept up the ones that were working. I will keep them up untill I build up a better list, with better numbers (for sharing that is). I am loooking back into getting one of the Annonymouse programs again. I used to have BTGuard, but it was so slow that , for instance, instead of taking 15 minutes or so to download a file at 30-60 MB/s it was taking me days to weeks to download the files. In that amount of time a dtermined App. Producer stands almost as good a chance at getting you asas they do in 10 minutes with no protection. I am probably wrong about those statistics, I guess it is part impatience and part wishful thinking. I have RoadRunner Turbo and consistantly get 5 MB/s up and 50 MB/s (the rated speed) down if I get a good set of connections. It might be a bit slower, but not by much. I also use Keepit for online backup and they only throtttle if you are using your bandwidth. They are in Dennmark I think and I usually upload at 3.5-4.5 MB/s. Do you kno protection services have sped up at all? I am into music production and recording/playing. I don't download Movies and not all that nmany CD's. I usually just download them to check them out to see if I want to but and look for a high definition copy like SACD, or sound on DVD can sound ok if it's done right. I prefere the SACD Bitstream recording though. I looked at the faqs etc and could really find a post that dealt with the problem I am having. I am working it out though. Thankls for your reply. What do you think about the protection services etc? I read alot about the different ones but they seem to be written by people with an agenda to sell the one theywant o reguarless of how it really works.

Peace,

Brian

P.S. - I rather like your short sweet and to the point answering style BTW :/.

I recently updated to v.3.3 and when I did I lost all the torrents that were seeding. It seems people can't get to them for the most part. Every once and a while, but even them not fast and not for long.

Same here.

Using Comodo Internet Security (CIS) 6.0.264710.2708, µTorrent worked fine and was always connectable. Since updating to µTorrent 3.3.0.29126, though, the little green checkmark turned into an orange exclamation mark, although nothing else has changed in the configuration of the PC. Sporadically for a couple of minutes every now and then, the client becomes green and connectable, but 95% of the time, it is not. This affects my ratio and standing in the private torrent community; consequently, a timely remedy would be a kind gesture.

Operating system: MS Windows XP 32 bit SP3 with all fixes and updates applied. The same goes for all other software programs, everything is always and constantly maintained and up to date.

Archived