port question?

david999

I am running 1.5µtorrent and I noticed that it is sending and receiving through the same port I connect through a dlink dsl504g router is there some way of setting it up so my incoming is different to my outgoing port's.I use both peerguardian and sygate firewall any tips or comments appreciated.

the reason is before when running under previous firmware for my router all my outgoings when viewed in peerguardian ranged from 2000 upwards now when viewed it is now using a single port for incoming and outgoing which is better? or does it make no difference?I assumed it was better when using a range of ports ps thanks" for your interest'

thanks' for your reply' before my firmware upgrade dlink 504g my outgoing ports were in the range mentioned 1024-4999; now' I only see my default port, does this mean my outgoings are slowed in any way? as I whish to maintain my ratio's. would using the ip bind function help?sorry if these seem like stupid questions I am new to µtorrent:)

No, the only thing you lose from using one port is having to configure the necessary things (router, firewall, etc) to allow µTorrent to connect to those other ports. There is no need (and no way) to use an extra port for torrent communication.

Archived