Seeking advice on tracker error(s) of downloading torrent

jimmo

In my torrent client, one of the currently downloading torrents has a downward-pointing red arrow, which from the troubleshooting/self-help guide I found means there is a tracker error or errors. But I am not an experienced-enough user to know what (if anything) I should do to correct or resolve this issue. Any advice on how to proceed would be very much appreciated, and please be kind, as I am having medical issues at present and just wish to keep things as simple as possible.

Thank you. :)

Prune the dead trackers if it is a permanent failure.

I have no idea what you mean by this. I am not, as I stated in my post, an expert on torrentimg. Please leave simple, step-by-step instructions for me and define any terms that would not be known to the average person.

What does "prune" mean in the context you used it? What are "dead trackers" and how/where do I find them? How do I know if this is a permanent failure, or something which may be easily corrected?

Is there some way I may contact a moderator privately, off the forum, and receive help (using screen cap images) by e-mail. I think that would be most helpful in my situation.

Thank you.

Is there some way I may contact a moderator privately, off the forum, and receive help (using
Nope because you can read exactly how to do all of this in the manual that is accessed by pressing F1

'Prune' in this context means exactly the same as it does in horticulture eg: To remove dead parts of a plant.

Press F5 to put detailed info visible

Select the "Trackers" tab

Select the problem job.

Look at the status column in the selected tab

Any tracker with a status that is NOT "Working" or "Updating" can be considered dead.

Archived