compressed files

gracken

a long time ago my sister downloaded some file and it turned out to have inappropriate pictures instead of the program she was looking for

i don't suppose it'd be possible for the program to peer inside zips and rars, at least get the file names, so we know what we are downloading?

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure how a zip or rar file works but if it downloaded the first and last pieces could it then be opened to see what its meant to hold?

i personally dont download anything with rar or zip unless theres no other option and i look for comments and verified torrents

a long time ago my sister downloaded some file and it turned out to have inappropriate pictures instead of the program she was looking for

i don't suppose it'd be possible for the program to peer inside zips and rars, at least get the file names, so we know what we are downloading?

This is more an issue for an extraction program than a torrent app problem. Basically anything the torrent team could do would be limited to what the best extraction programs would allow. You would need to wait till you have enough of the file to that an extraction program can at least open it so you can get an idea of the contents. Best they could do is help prioritize the sections needed to allow a preview, assuming there is a pattern (for instance, corrupt files can be opened and will extract some data), incomplete ones will do so also.

Try opening the files with winrar, at some point it will have enough data for you to view the contents, even if it is just the file names.

Archived