DHT : Waiting to Log In problem

SunDawn

Hi, this problem has been posted many times, I read some of them, but fails to solve my problem.

My version of uTorrent : 3.3 (build 29420)

Steps that are already attempted :

1. Re-install Utorrent, upgrading to the new version, no change.

2. Removing DHT.dat, DHT.day.old, no change.

3. I have no security installed, just the AVG anti-virus which I already disabled.

4. Other computer in the network, have no problem accessing or downloading from Utorrent, hence the network is not a problem.

5. Restart the computer, no dice.

Some of the details of the problem :

1. 2 days ago, I downloaded torrent A and torrent B.

2. Along the download, all of my seeders fail to connect (I don't know what's affecting them, I thought it was just a random or temporary disruptions)

3. Torrent B stop downloading completely, suffering from red bars also

4. Torrent A has no problem downloading, and complete the download. Torrent B still fails to download.

5. As of know, Torrent A can't seed (red bars) and Torrent B still fails to download. All other download and seeded files are also not working.

Thank you.

UPDATE :

- I restarted my machine a few times, and after 3rd tries, the program start downloading and I kept it online for a few hours. All of my torrents downloaded well (even 1 torrent downloaded completely, some are stuck at checked 0.0% but I think that's another problem)

- Then, due to power outage, my computer turns off, and when I turned it on again, all the torrents are stuck at DHT : Waiting to log in again.

- Thus, I can hypothesized that the firewall, router, and the ISP may not be the problem.

is the listen port opened and forwarded at the router? And BOTH instances of uTorrent should be using DIFFERENT listening ports.

Thanks for your answer.

I use random ports for both, so that they didn't have conflicting listening ports.

Before hand, there are no problems, and there are no changes in router setting whatsoever, so I think the router is not causing the problem.

Well the most likely culprits are;

in order:

Firewall,

Router,

ISP.

Yep, but :

- The other computer working fine proves that the routers and the ISP is not the problem.

- I have no firewall whatsoever.

- The program is working fine, until 2 days ago. I don't install anything, update anything.

UPDATE :

- I restarted my machine a few times, and after 3rd tries, the program start downloading and I kept it online for a few hours. All of my torrents downloaded well (even 1 torrent downloaded completely, some are stuck at checked 0.0% but I think that's another problem)

- Then, due to power outage, my computer turns off, and when I turned it on again, all the torrents are stuck at DHT : Waiting to log in again.

- Thus, I can hypothesized that the firewall, router, and the ISP may not be the problem.

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem. I just downgraded to windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I had to install utorrent 3.3 and was only able to d/l a couple of things at a time regardless of my settings. so i read up and was suggested to install 3.31 beta, i did this end this and it ran very slowly so i went back to 3.3.

now i am getting dht waiting to log in. i have restarted many times to no avail. i live in australia where there

is no restrictions about "illegal downloading" i have totally uninstalled my mcafee security. help, what can I do?

• 2 months later...

Hi, i don't know if this will help but:

3. I have no security installed, just the AVG anti-virus which I already disabled.

4. Other computer in the network, have no problem accessing or downloading from Utorrent, hence the network is not a problem.

I'm not picky but, why not removing everything from utorrent folder, except the exe, in appdata > roaming ?

I do that and re-install the regular version for dl from utorrent.com, and it works like a charm. Actually, im writing this as this is becoming more and more of a regular thing (happened to me yesterday, and just now). I'm doing the process atm and (while installing company of heroes repack, so dont be surprised with errors) ......... DHT: 50 Nodes (Updating).

Btw, i only used verified torrents from piratebay (when its down, rarely happens here in portugal, i dont dl torrents), using the magnet links.

EDIT: ofc, uninstall the first version before reinstalling..

• 4 months later...
Hi, i don't know if this will help but:

I'm not picky but, why not removing everything from utorrent folder, except the exe, in appdata > roaming ?

I do that and re-install the regular version for dl from utorrent.com, and it works like a charm. Actually, im writing this as this is becoming more and more of a regular thing (happened to me yesterday, and just now). I'm doing the process atm and (while installing company of heroes repack, so dont be surprised with errors) ......... DHT: 50 Nodes (Updating).

Btw, i only used verified torrents from piratebay (when its down, rarely happens here in portugal, i dont dl torrents), using the magnet links.

EDIT: ofc, uninstall the first version before reinstalling..

Hi all,

I registered on the forum just to say that removing everything from utorrent folder was the only thing that did the trick for me. I hope this feedback can help other users.

I'd tried everything SunDawn said but a only clean and fresh install, with a complete removal of appdata/utorrent folder worked for me.

Thanks to the community. Thanks insimply!

• 3 months later...

i don't know about your problems but when i got this problem

i went searching for an answers and entered this forum and read some answers

went back to uTorrent to TRY to fix the problem

but when i got back to uTorrent the download was already started

maybe you just have to wait until the problem solves it self

NOTE: this might not be the answer to your problem but its the answer to mine just try it if it didn't work find another way to fix it

Archived