utorrent virus/malware

utorrentuser53

help, I`v bin a big user/fan of utorrent and I only use utorrent. I recently uninstalled utorrent to change my OS and as always do I come back to utorrent(dot)com to get the lasest version of utorrent, but now all I keep getting is this a virus/malware picked up by my anti virus program est, I did a serach on the URL download and its saying its not from utorrent.com its from eleswheres. argg. heres a link of a screenshot from my desktop from what I see on my end, can I get any help answers please, thank you

http://imageshack.us/f/18/utorrentdownloadvirus.jpg/

i had the same thing, utorrent asked if i wanted to install the latest version to which i agreed, i got the same screen as you. I closed utorrent down and then tried to reopen but all it would say was that i had an old version still running so currently running a virus scan and then on to the rest, spybot search and destroy, malwarebytes etc...Just kind of an odd thing to happen.

It doesn`t go away trying everything but still nothing, lucky I backup a few earlier verison of utorrent . I think it something with the anti virus program its knowing what the file is its trying to prevent you from getting. I still win and happy to say I`m back up running utorrent at full, thanks for the help.!

Archived