Help please - am not super computer savy

Chilejoy

:( Help please: I have been downloading through utorren for a very long time. Last night was downloading several things; they all worked but one. Now when I try to download the status stays at "checked 0.0%" and does not start downloading the item. What has happened? What can I do to get it working again? thank you!

:( Help please: I have been downloading through utorren for a very long time. Last night was downloading several things; they all worked but one. Now when I try to download the status stays at "checked 0.0%" and does not start downloading the item. What has happened? What can I do to get it working again? thank you!

There could be allot of things going on, but if that was me, and if it was ONLY one file. I would copy the nameoffile.torrent file to a safe drive, delete the torrent+data, and load the nameoffile.torrent file with utorrent and start downloading it all over.

To be on the safe side, I would normally delete the resume.dat and the resume.dat.old files, and settings.dat and settings.dat.old files, and reconfigure uTorrent all over again, IF it was only one or two files.

I usually find that if I turn off allocating disk space, you shouldn't have that problem too much.

thanks for replying - unfortunately I was not the one who set this up for me on my computer so your suggestion goes way over my head! I'm going into withdrawals not being able to download all of a sudden!

Okay, did you know that if you are using uTorrent, that if you press the F1 key it will bring up the manual and you can search for your answers? Also, if you go into the Preferences, and go under General or the next one down, it should have something about Allocating disk space. Don't be afraid to look around in the Preferences and see what's there. You'll learn allot by doing that. Also, try You Tube, they have allot of videos/tutorials on uTorrent & Bit Torrent.

Allot of people who are computer savy think that they might crash their computer if they do something wrong, but you won't. Remember, never turn off your computer (by turning off the power supply), you should always use Shutdown, or Logoff (for Windows) because you do not know what the OS is writing to the disk. I hope that this helps.

Archived