uTorrent 3.3 (build 29625) wont flush

looney182

Hi,

I have been a uTorrent user for a long time and continously using the newest version. Recently I upgraded to version 3.3 (build 29625) and now I can't download anything.

To be more spesific, it looks like uTorrrent has a problem with writing to disk. With cashe deactivated it get stuck at 100% disk overload, and stops the downloading completly. If I use a relativley large cashe, then I can download the whole torrent, but it get stuck at "Flushing to disk (15902)".

Has anyone experienced something similar or has any advise on what to do?

I have tested the the harddrives work, and all the torrents that I have tried to download, did work with another torrent client, and downloaded to the same location that uTrorrent was supposed to download to.

Best regards

Looney182

Here is a screenshot of Preferences -> Disk Cache

30w01fc.png

and her is a screenshot of diskio.max..:

34pde1x.png

I have multiple harddrives, but im not sure what model they are.

My setup consist of:

1x750GB system drive

5*3TB Raid 5 setup

2*500GB Raid 0 setup

1 TB single drive

1 TB single drive

Im running the client on a Windows server 2008 R2, with an AMD X4 @ 3.1GHz and 16GB ram

I tried stopping all my torrents (I'm seeding around 1100 trorrents atm), and tried to download 1 torrent at a time to the different harddrives, and it suddently started working. After downloading 1 torrent to each of the drives I started seeding everything again, and download a new torrent with success.

Now everything seems to be working again, but Im not sure what caused the problem or fixed it :P

Thank you very much for taking time to help me :)

It turns out that my problem is still there, but I think the problem might be related to the number of torrents Im seeding. Reducing the number of active torrents seems to be the solution..

I would still like to know if its possible to seed 1000+ torrents in uTorrent, or if it is my setup that is wrong..

I would still like to know if its possible to seed 1000+ torrents in uTorrent,
No.

uTorrent hasn't really been capable of that in a very long while.

If uTorrent isn't capable of it, then it shouldn't allow that many torrents. It would prevent a lot of the posts in this forum at least.

Archived