Can't utilize my full 70mbit bandwidth

Plecto123

Hi. I just recently upgraded my bandwidth to 70mbit/s. I've tested the bandwidth using speed testers and it gives me a number which is around 60-70mbit/s. I can't seem to come close to this speed when downloading (neither from the web or utorrent). Even very active torrents only seem to download at 1-1.5mB/s. I've also tried downloading like 15 different active torrents, but the combined speed is only about 5mB/s and not 8.75 which is my maximum. I've googled the issue and I've changed the settings according to several guides, but there's no change. As of now I have recently bought an SSD drive and re installed windows so the utorrent settings are default.

Thank's for the reply. Everything seems to be alright now. For some reason the port used was not open. I edited my router settings and redid the port forwarding and it's now open. I tried downloading three of the slackware linux distro's and it maxed out at 7.5MB/s which it totally acceptable. I'm curious about one more thing though. The guide you linked said that it was important that the correct upload speed was set. By choosing different location in the setup guide, I got very different download and upload speeds (download speeds that was about a 10th of my actual speed though), how do I know which upload speed to choose? Also, why does this matter? Won't utorrent just try at upload as fast as it can regardless of what I set as speed?

Archived