Availability Column

fetchmeup

I noticed that, when I start seeding the file I just downloaded, the Availability drops to 1.000, which means that I have and share all 100% of the torrent, but it's not the real availability for peers since I'm not the only seeder (I see 3 seeds in the swarm)? However, when I continue seeding, the number starts going up to 1.243, for example. What does that (0.243) mean? Who has 24.3% of the torrent? And why I don't see the total torrent availability?

If the Info panel states "3 in swarm", do I count there as well, or I'm the fourth seeder?

How to read this: "Seeds: 0 of 64 connected (138 in swarm)" and "Peers: 0 of 174 connected (3 in swarm)"? Is 138 seeds EVER, and 64 in the last day or week? Does 174 peers mean — 174 peers EVER, and 3 currently downloading, or 174 peers in the last day or week?

Appreciate your help very much!

and sorry if this is a bit confusing.

Bitorrent clients do not maintain a connection to seeds for completed jobs so in effect your client IS the only known seed.

"3 in swarm", do I count there as well,
Yes. Read the manual where that is explained.
What does that (0.243) mean? Who has 24.3% of the torrent? And why I don't see the total torrent availability?
That IS the TOTAL availability and means "The total payload from all currently CONNECTED peers is 24.3%"
How to read this: "Seeds: 0 of 64 connected (138 in swarm)" and "Peers: 0 of 174 connected (3 in swarm)"? Is 138 seeds EVER, and 64 in the last day or week? Does 174 peers mean — 174 peers EVER, and 3 currently downloading, or 174 peers in the last day or week?
It is the number of unique client IDs that the trackers have 'seen', The 'data' could be months old, some clients counted twice (or more) from different trackers, clients that randomise IDs could be counted several times. Basically useless. unless it is zero.

The swarm count is more useful, again read the manual, it is all detailed there, basically if a peer does not connect, it probably does not exist.

Archived