Can't download

retfedexer

I have been using utorrent and extratorrent for several years but just recently I have been unable to download anything. I'll admit that I'm a Geezer but I am not stupid. I updated to the latest version of utorrent and since that time nothing happens. I have been using it on another computer successfully and have compared settings and they all seem the same. The other computer is an old laptop using Vista and my desktop is using win 7. I am using Firefox as a browser. What am I doing wrong?

Not telling us what client and build you are using for one, "the latest version" often turns out not to be so.

Define "nothing happens"

Are there any peers connected to your client?

What is the availabilty of the job(s)?

Any tracker errors?

Is uTorrent allowed through any firewalls?

Is the listen port forwarded?

Do you use a proxy or a VPN?

and so on.

I am using utorrent 3.3 and have been trying to download numerous files most of which have numerous (hundreds ) of seeds. I am 70 and may not be the sharpest tack in the box, but I have been using these two programs for several years with no problem. I downloaded the latest version of utorrent, went to my favorite site and attempted to perform a download. Usually I get a popup asking me if I want to download and the I get another asking which files I wish to download. Now nothing happens! The only thing different is that I have started using Avast security.

I am in Extratorrent.ws, I try and download a file by clicking on the download button under the pretty girl and nothing happens. Then in a short time, I get the error warning in a small box on the bottom left of my screen. I've never seen that box before now.

Archived