Utorrent used to be incrediby FAST!

edman90

On utorrent I used to download 6 mb/s . Now I can only get 400kb/s . It just happened, there really is no reason. I watched all the videos on youtube of the settings of utorrent. I went to speedtest.net and here are my results.

Ping : 10

Down : 51.51

up : 11

Utorrent 3.3 (Build 29677)

So it should be working fine. I then noticed that the torrent i am downloading has a weird problem. I dont know if this is normal or not but i am connected to 545 seeders. But only 23 peers? That sounds a little unusual. I use comcast internet which i think is a hostile isp. But the thing is that it used to download so so so fast before. Now its DSL all over again.

On utorrent I used to download 6 mb/s . Now I can only get 400kb/s . It just happened, there really is no reason. I watched all the videos on youtube of the settings of utorrent. I went to speedtest.net and here are my results.

Ping : 10

Down : 51.51

up : 11

Utorrent 3.3 (Build 29677)

So it should be working fine. I then noticed that the torrent i am downloading has a weird problem. I dont know if this is normal or not but i am connected to 545 seeders. But only 23 peers? That sounds a little unusual. I use comcast internet which i think is a hostile isp. But the thing is that it used to download so so so fast before. Now its DSL all over again.

Ok, first of all, you're using youtube for settings, thats BAD. people who make youtube videos of settings don't show beans about torrents

That's the source of your problems.

It's confirmed with you saying you're connected to 500+ seeder -

you're over-connected. Your problem is PEBKAC.

open your client, press Ctrl+g and select 10Mbit (since it's based on your UPload.)

That will fix your problem.

the second, don't expect a speed, because there's no guaranteed minimum speed with bittorrent.

Archived