Silly Issues

TechnicDragon

I have version 3.3 (build 29677) [32-bit]

I've got a weird issue. First, just wanna say I love this program, and have used it for years.

Now the issue. I was trying to update to your latest version. Like I do with other programs I keep up with, I uninstall the previous version and then install the new one. The issue I'm having is the old one won't uninstall. I get the following message when I attempt to uninstall via Programs and Features

Message: You do not have sufficient access to uninstall µTorrent. Please contact your system administrator.

The problem is, I am the administrator on this computer. The only user account. I have all rights and privileges on this pc. I have even gone so far as to activate the hidden "aministrator" account so I can log into it from the login screen and attempt to uninstall utorrent there, but no dice, I get the same message.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, one more thing.The new file I downloaded. I tried running it, to see if it might offer to uninstall the old version for me. Nope, it opened the program. Gave me the same version number I listed at the beginning of this page too. I'm cool with it if is the same as the old version I was running, but the uninstall message is bothering me terribly.

version 3.3 (build 29677) [32-bit]
That IS the latest version of 3.3.0 to update you need to download 3.3.1, 3.3.2 or 3.4.0
You do not have sufficient access to uninstall µTorrent. Please contact your system administrator.
Can indicate that you are trying to uninstall an application that has active processes running.

Archived