Problem with utorrent 3.3.2 Beta (build 29806) 32-bit

dsmith0429

Everytime I launch utorrent 3.3.2 Beta (build 29806) 32-bit I get this error (but not in the versions of utorrent before 3,2.2. Beta builds):

Web Browser

"One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:

1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page or,

2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result, the page might not display correctly."

It also pops up occasionally while the program is running. It doesn't seem to limit the program from downloading or uploading, but it is annoying.

I am not having any problems with any of my web browsers (Internet Explorer 11 Preview, Google Chrome Version 28.0.1500.63 m, Firefox 23.0, & Safari 5.1.7) so it appears to be something in the utorrent client.

I'm currently using Windows 8.1 Pro Preview with Media Center. The problem existed before I applied the 8.1 Preview update.

I've already tried re-installing, any ideas? THANKS!

Web Browser

"One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:

1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page or,

2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result, the page might not display correctly."

Remove the toolbars that you allowed to be installed.

• 2 weeks later...

same here, i noticed i started getting the annoying message a few weeks ago, but haven't figured the cause yet.

i thought the recent BETA 29944 update would solve it when the change-log mentioned:

- Fix: Multiple crashes on toolbar offer screen

but apparently not :(

why is uTorrent trying to use ActiveX and off-screen pages ?

i've never, EVER installed tool-bars, so that can't be it on my part. so why is uTorrent doing this ?

Archived