Cannot Add New Torrents in WebUI

ohcalcutta

I've been using WebUI to control torrents remotely for as long as I can remember.

Suddenly, today when I attempt to add new torrents through WebUI, they don't show up. I browse to the torrent, set my download location and click OK. The filename field is blanked out, but the it never shows up or downloads in WebUI.

The only thing that's changed in my setup is that I updated to uTorrent v3.3.1 over the weekend, so I can only imagine it has something to do with that. I have v0.388 of WebUI installed. Has anyone else seen this issue or have any suggestions? Much appreciated.

Getting this in the log when I attempt to connect in WebUI:

[2013-08-12 22:06:20] File not found during integrity check: %AppData%\Roaming\uTorrent\webcache.dat

[2013-08-12 22:06:20] File not found during integrity check: %AppData%\Roaming\uTorrent\webcache.dat.new

[2013-08-12 22:06:20] File not found during integrity check: %AppData%\Roaming\uTorrent\webcache.dat.old

Just means those files don't exist, possibly because there is no cache.

But no such problems found with client ver 3.3.1.30003 and Web UI 0.388 on my system.

And before anyone jumps in to tell me that 30003 ISN'T the latest build .... It IS the latest on the update CDN for me here in the U.K. !

I have exactly the same problem as in the first post. Client 3.3.1 build 30017, WebUI 0.388. I installed the client in portable mode, not in a folder %AppData%\Roaming\uTorrent. Tried on different computers with Win7 and Win8 (VM). Tried three browsers: IE10, FireFox, Chrome (all the latest versions). The result is the same: after selecting the torrent file nothing happens. After clicking 'OK' window does not close, and the field with the name of the selected file is cleared. On the logger tap there are no messages. Otherwise WebUI works. But I have to go through the RDP and copy the torrent file into the predefined folder of the remote computer. But in this case, the WebUI is meaningless :(

Regards

I translated message from main µTorrent Logger from russian:

[2013-08-26 07:49:49] Unable to load 'utt4A36.tmp': Access denied. !

[2013-08-26 07:49:49] uT HTTP can't add torrent 'C:\Windows\TEMP\utt4A36.tmp': Access denied.

The problem is the access to the torrent file that is loaded to the C:\Windows\TEMP\ folder. I looked at the permissions for the file C:\Windows\TEMP\utt4A36.tmp (translated):

No groups or users who have permission to access a given object, but the object's owner can grant permissions.

What to do?

Regards

Other than portable, is this instance of µTorrent running with a weird setup of any kind? As a different user? As a service? What user owns the temporary file, and what user is µTorrent running under?

I tested in portable mode as well, and still can't replicate the problem, so we can probably rule that out (at least in and of itself anyway).

Torrent remotely uploaded successfully after I ran the µTorrent as administrator:

[2013-08-28 00:13:14] uT HTTP torrent add of 'C:\Windows\TEMP\uttFCE8.tmp' succeeded

I did not understand whether the torrent file selection window closes after selecting the file?

I use μTorrent on a virtual machine Windows 8 Pro x64 that runs in the Hyper-V environment of the Windows Server 2012 x64 Standard. First I ran μTorrent from my account. I am an administrator. UAC is set to "Notify only when programs try to make changes to the computer". Today I started it by selecting "Run as administrator". After that torrent file remotely successfully added. Strange, but other programs can use the TEMP directory with no problems, they do not have to run as administrator.

There is another bug. μTorrent stopped automatically add torrent from a specified directory until open/close the WebUI :/ Previously worked fine. It happening after I changed the directory for downloading torrent files (I experimented trying to solve the problem of adding a torrent remotely). But after I ran μTorrent as an administrator, μTorrent began to automatically add the torrent again from the specified directory. :|

μTorrent stopped automatically add torrent from a specified directory until open/close the WebUI :/ Previously worked fine. It happening after I changed the directory for downloading torrent files (I experimented trying to solve the problem of adding a torrent remotely). But after I ran μTorrent as an administrator, μTorrent began to automatically add the torrent again from the specified directory. :|

Not sure what you mean. WebUI has nothing to do with the directory polling for .torrent files. Either way, I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly: is restarting WebUI fixing it, or is starting µTorrent as administrator fixing it?

Archived