Feature Request: Delete option

Peru_Serv

I use uTorrent to download older TV shows. As such the files are generally large and span several seasons. As they are too large to fit on my HD I generally download one season using the prioritize by file order option. Once I've watched the episode, however, I generally want to delete it. If I set the file to "skip" and then delete the file physically the torrent usually switches to display some sort of error.

At the present time the only way around it is to remove it from the list and delete the torrent, delete the unwanted files, and re-download the torrent from a search engine like isohunt.com and then uTorrent will spend ages Verifying.

Any improved features in this regard would be appreciated.

How exactly is uTorrent supposed to 'know' when you have watched a movie??

If I set the file to "skip" and then delete the file physically the torrent usually switches to display some sort of error.
And you need to understand that BitTorrent clients (ALL of them) do not understand the concept of files.
Any improved features in this regard would be appreciated.
It will NEVER, EVER happen.

It cannot happen, it is simply not possible for BitTorrent clients to do this, read the protocol specification to understand why

Archived