Question concerning upload speeds

rjb1953

Hello all,

I am in the US and my ISP is Verizon Fios and I have a fairly fast connection, 75mb down and 35mb up. Depending on the torrent I get very quick downloads, sometimes as fast as 7-8 MB/s down and even 10.5 MB down once when downloading a Linux ISO but the fastest up speeds I have ever gotten is around 900KB up even on torrents where I have 60 to 70 peers connected. I have been with FIOS since 2008 and they consistently give their customers 10 to 20% more bandwidth than the customer actually purchases. I routinely download from Steam at 10 to 12 MBs down, I was just wondering why my up speeds do not ever approach even half of my bandwidth. I have both my up and down settings set with unlimited speeds. Any ideas on how to increase my upload speeds?

Thanks,

Robert

I have ever gotten is around 900KB up even on torrents where I have 60 to 70 peers connected.
Being 'connected' does not mean your client is actively transferring data to ar from those peers.
I routinely download from Steam at 10 to 12 MBs down
@Steam' does not use the BitTorrent protocol
I was just wondering why my up speeds do not ever approach even half of my bandwidth.
Because your connection is NOT the arbiter of the acheiveable transfer rates, the connected peers are.

Archived