power outage

wizard

I had a power outage, and when power returned, I had to reset my modem, and restart utorrent 3.1.3. When I did so, I had a normal internet connectionk but ut6orrent refused to recognize it.

The display page shows all but a few of the most recent torrents I was working with, but no seeders or peers are displayed.

The indicator triangle or circle is not displayed.

A large torrent which was downloading a part, is now supposed to be seeding that part, but previous parts downloaded are not registered. When utorrent restarted, the downloading portion was rechecked, but the rest was ignored.

All finished torrents which had been seeding have a status error message saying it can't open the torrent file iocated in a place where normally finished .torrent files are moved to. All these .torrent files have copies located where normally active .torrent files are stored.

Those are the symptoms.

What I need immediately is to find some way of getting utorrent to re-recognize the internet connection which is working normally, and also to find a way to redirect the pointer for all the files at once, so that it points to the location of active .torrent files.

A new problem has surfaced after outage. I uninstalled v 3.1.3, and then downloaded a new copy. I had started to add torrents I had previously been seeding. It was working ok, for all the torrents I had reloaded as of this AM. I went offline, to get support from dealer, now all torrents say invalid download state, resume. When I do so, it rechecks, finds 100% of file, turns green and says seeding, then comes back 'seeding' in red. I checked one of those 'red' torrents, and I got an error message saying 'an attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

I cannot see any seeds or peers listed

I thought it may hae been a problem with the particular site the torrents came from, but I tried downloading from anvother site and got the same error.

I tried an internet speed test, and it failed. The error message said a request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket was not connected. It also said that the result is that the port is not open, but I am still able to download. I cannot download at all. The question is, what is a socket, and how can I reconnect it?

Archived