Magnet causes to open separate torrent process (random times)

dfg555

So I've been having this issue with uTorrent where if I try to open magnet links it sometimes wouldn't open it but just create a separate utorrent.exe process and clicking on the magnet would sometimes open the magnet link or sometimes create a new utorrent.exe process which results into not actually loading the magnet file. If it doesn't open the magnet file all it does it show the loading mouse cursor. I've noticed that the process for the non-working utorrent.exe process is around 100-200KB. I sometimes have to click the magnet file 5-10 times which would end up opening around 6-9 utorrent.exe 100-200KB size and the original working one 4-10MB. I've tried doing a clean install and it still happens. I've tried it on another system and the same thing happens, even though they both have different anti virus. Both systems use Firefox 24.0, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Launch Regedit (usual warnings apply)

drill down to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Magnet\shell\open\command

Make sure that the string in the data field does NOT have /RECOVER appended to it and that it points to the %APPDATA%\uTorrent\utorrent.exe installation path.

Ok this is data when I went to the Magnet area,

"C:\Users\Wallet\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" "%1"

Okay, By the way,.... You do know that the Add dialogue shows in Task Manager as a process called uTorrent while ever it is on screen and loading the magnet data.

So the "problem" is your own impatience in trying to load the torrent several times.

IF you are not seeing the add dialogue appear at all,. ... See this post AND if you do or have used dual monitors read the paragraph below the picture.

Okay, By the way,.... You do know that the Add dialogue shows in Task Manager as a process called uTorrent while ever it is on screen and loading the magnet data.

So the "problem" is your own impatience in trying to load the torrent several times.

IF you are not seeing the add dialogue appear at all,. ... See this post AND if you do or have used dual monitors read the paragraph below the picture.

I don't use dual monitors and I've tried waiting for atleast 1 minute and it never adds/loads the magnet link...

Archived