uTorrent and isohunt

pauldotcom

Hi

A new problem has emerged without warning.

I have always used isohunt for finding the stuff I want. Up until today, when I clicked on a link it would show an ordinary download box which I always saved and it would take me directly to utorrent application where I would tick or untick the material as the case may be.

Today though the download box no longer appears but a different dialogue box asking me to select the program I want to use and uTorrent is the preferred program, so I click and it takes me to uTorrent and then refuses to download - most of the time... then if it doesn't download I drop my adsl connection ....running a windows diagnostic it tells me that FTP doesn't work with my version of windows - xp.

How do I get back to where I was prior to today?:(

Thanks

Well I just feel a little foolish in not having any idea that ISOHUNT was in any trouble with US regulators.

My problem started the day before w/o me knowing it was ISOHUNT itself by closing its operations was causing my problems with adsl connection.

I haven't had a problem with adsl connection since midday.

Oh well, someone will replace them

Paul

A new problem ...

I have changed to 'torrentportal' now that isohunt has gone ...

So far most torrents download very fast - quite exceptionnal compared to what I experienced before.

But quite a few files are rejected at point of clicking ok on utorrent. The message I get is 'torrent is not valid bencoding'.

I tried the help section but bencoding isn't mentioned.

Is there a fix for this?

And can anyone recommend a good file share site that has minimal issues and as safe as safe can be from malware etc?

Cheers

Paul

And can anyone recommend a good file share site that has minimal issues and as safe as safe can be from malware etc?

Discussing and/or linking to content is not allowed on these forums.

Is there a fix for this?
It is possibly a site issue, your firewall and/or antivirus, OR the links you are clicking on are not .torrent links.

Archived