uTorrent won't download files, stuck @ "Checked 0.0%"

DrJHolc

Running rMBP with clean install of Mavericks and uTorrent Beta 1.9.1 (Only version that will work with Mavericks)

I am trying to download files and they sit as 'inactive' and under status it says 'Checked 0.0%' and will not progress to downloading

Also under the general tab it shows the file availability bar as red with 0.0

All files I am attempting to download are current and have 200+ seeders with minimal leechers.

I successfully downloaded a movie file last night (the first attempted download on the new install) but nothing will download now, no matter what file type

Please help!

Thanks in advance...

[update] did a reinstall of 1.91 beta and again it allows the first torrent file to be opened and downloaded, but any subsequant download sits as 'inactive' and 'Checked 0.0%'

I have the same problem, fresh install OSX 10.9 on MBP with beta of torrent, I have a temporary solution, after each download you have to quit and restart the torrent application, this allows to download 1 file then the rest stay stucked @ checked, so you may have to repeat for each file. I believe it has to do with the port mapping option or the directories settings, still working on a permanent fix. but in the mean time if need any urgent file try the permanent fix.

I have the same issue. Clean install with Mavericks. Only one file downloading. The whole deal. Except, every once in a while I will restart uTorrent and force start my downloads - and then several of them will start to download at the same time. I have been going in and messing with connection and network settings, changing the number of downloads allowed, number of connections, but nothing seems to have an effect. It appears that some of the files that show "0.00% checked" have actually already started to download, because once they finally do 'start' they seem to finish almost instantly. It's like they're downloading but the app doesn't recognize it.

I would also like to see a solution soon!

Only one file downloading. The whole deal. Except, every once in a while I will restart uTorrent and force start my downloads

Fix your queue settings.

It appears that some of the files that show "0.00% checked" have actually already started to download, because once they finally do 'start' they seem to finish almost instantly. It's like they're downloading but the app doesn't recognize it.

Allow uTorrent to shut down cleanly before powering down your machine.

Fix your queue settings.

It is not related to the settings because i have the same problem despite having a limit of 10 activities and having none in upload and only 5 in download of which only 1 is active and the rest stuck at 0.0% checking.

Allow uTorrent to shut down cleanly before powering down your machine.

The issue is not during closing the application to restart it, it's apparently is a non visual interpretation of the application in real time during it's normal functions. It would be interesting to see what the machine is saying about the application using apple's activity monitor to see how much the app is occupying in terms of memory and network usage to see if effectively it is using the connection band.

I assume there's been no progress in solving this problem? I've tried wiping the app out including prefs, wiping the .old files, the .dat files, STOP, START, QUIT, delete .old files, START. I've tried to read every post everywhere and no solution appears to work.

Any new thoughts or solutions?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Mountain Lion but i have the same problem so it's not a Mavericks issue

it happened to me since i updated to from 1.9.0 beta to 1.9.1 build 30063

the beta version before this didn't have this issue,

it's really annoying i have to Quit and Relaunch uTorrent to grab each file in Queue

please fix this

Archived