Double click taskbar icon

Frank B

Under Windows, the standard for opening programs from the taskbar is to double click, but for MyTorrent you use single click. This is pretty annoying actually, because when I double click the icon, it opens the program and closes it down again.

Can't you please follow the standards for whatever operating system the program is running under, so we users don't have to remember all kinds of different behaviour for the various programs? Make it so that double click opens the program and single click does nothting. That is how everything else works under Windows.

Errm? No it's not. At least not on any of the four Windows computers I have here.

Well, for Windows XP it is.

If it is different for various versions of Windows, it should still follow the standard for whatever system we install it on.

I have the following in my taskbar, and they all require double click to activate: system clock, antivirus, firewall, volume control, usb removal control and skype. I think mytorrent should be the same, or at least response equally to single and double clik, and not close down again when I double click it.

I have the following in my taskbar, and they all require double click to activate: system clock, antivirus, firewall, volume control, usb removal control and skype.
They are all System Tray icons NOT taskbar icons. The "taskbar" is the middle section between the [ Start ] button and the recessed System Tray panel.

If uTorrent is set with single click activate, (Preferences -> UI Settings -> System Tray Panel) it WILL show the GUI on a single click on the Icon. If you want it to be double click .... Uncheck that box.

Well, in the 'global' community we can only communicate with one hundred percent success if everybody understands the parlance. Some, like yourself, have never needed to know the difference between the two prior to this point in time so it requires an explanation, therefore no apology is needed or expected.

General comment:

And yes, while that makes me pedantic to a fault, it is necessary.

Archived