What engines search filenames as well as torrent names?

PistolSlap

Isohunt is gone! I feel like I have lost a lover. One awesome thing about isohunt is that it searched the filenames of the files included in the torrent, as well as the torrent name itself.

So, if I wanted to download Iron Man in 1080p in an mkv file, I would just search "iron man 1080p mkv" and it would show me which torrents have files ending in .mkv.

Every other engine I have tried does not do this. They only search torrent file names, so if I search "iron man 1080p mkv" and the actual torrent listing does not say mkv (for example "Iron Man BluRay 1080p") it will not yield any results. Now I have to search "Iron Man 1080p" and search for one with an mkv file as opposed to an mp4, etc.

This is frustrating -- it was great to be able to narrow a search down quickly like this.

Does anyone know any other sites that search file contents as well?

For the indexing sites that publish the content of the torrents they have indexed, just use Google (or Yahoo!/Bing) Search [Yahoo use results from Bing so searching at either one will do].

Use a refined query pattern to narrow down the results.

"file name.ext"+1080p+torrent

should return decent results, the quote marks are important because it makes the query a phrase specific (exact match query) one rather a word combination (broad or close match query) one

Or you could try a file type query at Google with:

filetype:mkv key words

Read this document on how to refine Google searches.

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/136861

Archived