Editting seeding time in resume.dat

I tried editting the seedtime= number which accurately reflects the amount of seconds a torrent I had seeded for but it changed nothing when I opened utorrent. Which passage in the resume.dat reflects the amount of time I've seeded the torrent if seedtime isn't it?

Thanks.

Because I'm obsessive-compulsive. I seeded 30 torrents of mine at once to get my global ratio way up and I did this for a whole month. Since not every torrent has been actually uploading to anyone during the seeding, the average upload speed on each torrent is artificially low. To fix this, I wanted to deduct one month worth of seconds on all those torrents I've seeded the past month. The average upload speeds are back to normal again, some of them are a little messed at like 20 MB/s but I'm seeding them right now to bring it back to normal. :P

I don't care what the stupid tracker says, I don't believe in trackers. :)

I don't care what the stupid tracker says, I don't believe in trackers

You'll have to, because what you are trying to do will make absolutely no difference to your statistics anywhere other than in YOUR client.

And if you are doing it simply to get a warm feeling about your efforts, there are easier ways of doing that.

I said I was editting the seeding TIME not seeding AMOUNT. I've uploaded an average of 30x the size of file in the torrent I've published but it didn't always seed and that brought the average KB/s down to something ridiculously low like 2.5 KB/s. Shaving off four weeks of seeding time brought the average back up to 50. Normally I don't seed if there are no peers at the moment. I miss the real P2P days on kazaa/limewire when you just shared what you wanted in your shared folder without a giving a shit about publishing or anything. All these numbers and statistics in torrents are bad for OCD people like me who develop an addiction to watching them rise, lol. Can't wait till all the torrent sites are busted.

Why not just look at total transferred? Average rate has nothing to do with ratios anyway.

I'm not gonna change how much I've uploaded. I want that intact. What I wish is that the average transfer speed would not be affected when I'm not transferring anything. My intention is to make sure everything's correct.

NOBODY other than YOU can see the statistics that uTorrent or any other BitTorrent client displays in the GUI.

I know that, but you told me to turn them off or uninstall the client. I explained why I can't do that and it has nothing to do with other people seeing my statistics.

My intention is to make sure everything's correct.
Never going to happen.
What I wish is that the average transfer speed would not be affected when I'm not transferring anything
That would be a somewhat difficult given that average IS the total transfer divided by the number of seconds the job has been loaded.
but you told me to turn them off or uninstall the client.
That "advice" was to stop you looking at them!

Never going to happen.

I don't need it perfect, but the 4 weeks of time had to go as I normally don't seed that way.

That would be a somewhat difficult given that average IS the total transfer divided by the number of seconds the job has been loaded.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be that way as utorrent is built on the principle of efficiency and simplicity, but clients like Vuze only count actual transferred data during seeding in the statistics. So I will not encourage the authors of utorrent to change this. I'm using 2.2 because I can't stand the trend to bloatware utorrent seems to be taking with the current ones.

That "advice" was to stop you looking at them!

Impossible as long as BT lives. Maybe once all the torrent sites get busted and everybody switches back to a truly free, decentralized P2P network where not everything is so ex-cathedra will statistics stop appearing as default.

Archived