Suddenly, incoming connections.. None of them!

skabbo

So, I've been using uTorrent for years - recently (last week) built a new rig, installed uTorrent, no issues. Was using it happily until yesterday morning..

Suddenly, I try adding a new torrent (magnet link), and the file list is empty - total torrent size, 0b. I know people have said in other threads that this is to be expected with magnet links, but this has not been my experience. It has always listed the torrent contents (maybe it was just downloading the metadata too quickly to be noticeable?). Either way, it lists each torrent as being empty, and then it fails to download. I get the little yellow triangle with 'No Incoming Connections'. I have it set up exactly the same way as I did when it was working - firewall exception (also tried shutting the firewall down completely), ports forwarded, proxy info entered correctly.. It literally stopped working in a matter of seconds, so I'm a bit baffled.

uTorrent 3.3.2

Windows 7 64bit

Optimum Online/Cablevision

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

proxy info entered correctly.

And without a proxy??

uTorrent 3.3.2
What build?

IF YOU HAVE SPEED ISSUES READ HERE FIRST

Read the thread, follow the suggestions, run the tests.

Suddenly, I try adding a new torrent (magnet link), and the file list is empty - total torrent size, 0b

Are you waiting for the Add Dialogue to populate with the metadata?

Got your reply at work, came home to test it out, and it's resolved itself as suddenly and inexplicably as it started.

To answer, though:

Same issue with or without proxy enabled

Build: 30303

Didn't even reboot in between the post and when it started working. ..no clue, but not complaining.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Archived