Seeding error - Recheck doesn't work

Sente

Hello,

Yesterday I started seeding a big folder (over 5 gigs). After a few hours, I had to restart the computer for unrelated reasons.

When I restarted utorrent again, the file turned from seeding status to downloading. I hadn't moved the folder, nor renamed, no defrag was active. Copying the folder to a new destination folder and re-checking doesn't work either: it just doesn't even try to check. It's not a 0.0% error, it doesn't even try to check, like if the button didn't work (though it's not gray, that I know).

Moreover, when I try to download the torrent again, it creates a weird chaotic alphanumeric file. Copying this file's name to the original folder and deleting the "just downloaded" file doesn't work either (though I'm not convinced, since re-checking ignores me).

I can't think of anything else but creating a new torrent, but I'm afraid this may happen as well in the future. Any suggestion, please?

Thank you

Any suggestion, please?

Shut down µTorrent before restarting your computer to avoid corrupting resume.dat.

Moreover, when I try to download the torrent again, it creates a weird chaotic alphanumeric file.

Sounds like you are opening a binary file with a text editor.

Any suggestion' date=' please?[/quote']

Shut down µTorrent before restarting your computer to avoid corrupting resume.dat.

Thank you, I'm not convinced I shut utorrent down before restarting... most often than not I shut utorrent in first place, but this time don't remember.

Moreover' date=' when I try to download the torrent again, it creates a weird chaotic alphanumeric file.[/quote']

Sounds like you are opening a binary file with a text editor.

No, no, the download file appears to be something like "12349021854nkjhdsgf05749345873...". I'm not opening the file at all. Whenever I try to download the file, the torrent switches to this chaotic name and the generated file's name is that crazy.

Archived