Finished files are not being moved after download is finished

d00p

Hi guys.

Since one month or two ago I have noticed that finished downloads are not moving any more from the downloaded folder to another. What can be causing that?

You can see my configuration in the attached screenshot.

What I do is download files to D:\uTorrent (local drive) and after finishing the download uTorrent should move them to Z:\rapidshare (Network folder on home NAS) but files are not moving...

I've updated today to uTorrent 3.4 hoping that this would be fixed, but not luck. This was working before and I believe this behavior started happening after upgrading to one of the 3.3.x builds. Not sure which, though.

Any hint on what can be happening?

Thanks in advance for your help!

post-368959-0-23090300-1392984409_thumb.

Hi Rafi.

I have tried with the latest 4.1 version by downloading the file in your signature but no luck.

I have attached the default configuration I use for a new torrent download. As you can see on both screenshots I am using D:\uTorrent as the default download folder. Do you see anything wrong with it?

Has uTorrent any kind of logging that I can enable to try debugging this issue?

Are there any other steps that I could follow to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks again!

post-368959-0-56661300-1393277924_thumb.

Hi d00p just to add to your issue I’m also seeing the same behaviour granted i haven’t been using uTorrent for over a year now but the last time i had used the client my directory preferences were honoured. I can’t use the newer clients as they’re not white listed by the forum i use.  However I’m seeing the same behaviour with utorrent-3.3.1-rc-1build 29782 and uTorrent_3.3_build_29126. I’m thinking to downgrade further. Add to the fact that i use a 120GB ssd and would prefer to have all my downloaded files be targeted to my mags instead to spare the lifespan of the ssd.

Are there any other steps that I could follow to troubleshoot this issue?

Looks fine to me. The thing that comes to mind is either an error in the destination path name itself? Or do not have write permission there? Or not enough free space?

Also, if "z" is a mapped/network drive, they might have an issue related to such drives. Try test with just a local drive as a move destination folder.

You nailed it Rafi!

As you were suspecting the Z: drive is a network drive connected to my home NAS.

When the "Move completed downloads to:" is configured with a local drive it works, but it doesn't when you connect to a network drive.

This smells to bug!  :P

I guess I should report this to the "Bug Reports" forum. Can you move this post, Rafi? Or should I create a new one?

Thanks!

No, I am not an admin... just a simple user... Copy it to there...

My guess would be that they "think" it is full. What free size do you see in it's properties?

To bypass, want to try: subst s: z:\utorrent ?  and use s:\ ?

Or:

>mklink /D some_local_path "z:\utorrent"

and use that local path?

PS: Also - enable logger->error logging->misc errors. It might show you access errors.

• 2 months later...

The workaround suggested by rafi a while ago worked in my Windows 7 box. Thanks for that mate!

However, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 recently and this workaround wasn't necessary any more. It seems that this is working as expected in 8.1

Hound, regarding your question, you can use the "run program after download" utorrent feature, just as explained in Lifehacker, and use VLC command line, as stated in its documentation.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Not sure if I need to open a new topic, since my situation is close to identical to this one. Would like to ask for some help, so here it goes .... :

My setup: uTorrent 3.4.2 build 33215 32-bit running on Win7 Ultimate x64. My data storage is on a NAS, and is mounted as networked drive W:.

My uTorrent config:

Put new downloads in : W:\torrent_incomplete (this is working without a problem)

Move completed downloads to: W:\torrent_complete (not working, files remain in W:\torrent_incomplete)

but creating a link C:\Video\link_w_torrent_download to W:/torrent_download is working.

So the strange thing is that it does recognize the networked drive for storing the download. But it does not work when running the move command.

Same goes for the location of .torrents.Store .torrents in W:\torrent_incomplete (working fine). Move .torrents from finished jobs to: W:\torrent_complete (nothing is moved, looks like they are deleted).

This brings me to the labels and moving files to a certain directory once finished.

f.ex. label : couchpotato_ => move to W:/sabnzbd_complete/movies

f.ex. label : iso => move to W:/downloads_iso

Nothing is being moved. Not sure if this is because I created the labels AFTER the downloads started, and edited the label while the torrents were active. The only thing I noticed was that the last completed iso ended up in C:\Video\link_w_torrent_download.

Please your advice. Many thanks in advance.

but creating a link C:\Video\link_w_torrent_download to W:/torrent_download is working.

As previously already noted, there seems to be a bug when using network drives. This explains why using a local link to it - works for you, which is a nice way to bypass the issue, I guess, so thanks :)

Not sure what you mean regarding labels. As far as I know, label mapping (pref->labels) does not move files, but just assign a folder to added torrents per label.

Not sure what you mean regarding labels. As far as I know, label mapping (pref->labels) does not move files, but just assign a folder to added torrents per label.

As far as I understand the GUI the upper part of the label window has only the purpose of creating a name for the label. The lower window allows you to put a pointer to any folder on your system. But there is a confusing part here... : where they took away the option to autocreate a subfolder in the default download folder according to the labelname, (but accessible from the webGUI). But as I see it this subfolder function and the "move to what-ever-folder" are 2 different things. So, confusing yes, and the user help file is not updated with the latest label options.

• 1 month later...

The thing is that it only works with the manual "add torrent" dialog. It will auto-assign the folder+label there. Of cause it will download it to that folder. However, if you do not use the "add" dialog (or with RSS) it will not work.

• 1 month later...

In the course of the discussion I should state, that option for Automatic Move to Folder option would be very suitable for uTorrent.

For example you download a torrent file to a Temporary or Downloads folder and open it right after download with mouse click at Downloads window of a browser. uTorrent opens the torrent file wherever it was downloaded, moves to a torrents folder specified in Settings and processes further.

What do you think?

Archived