How to Check How Many People are Seeding?

highaltitude

Select the torrent you want to get the info and have a look on the tracker tab. There you see something like "Seeds Y / Peers B".

This values Y show you how many peers are known by the specific tracker or DHT/LPD/PEX...

On the torrent itself you see "Seeds X(Y) / Peers A(B)" where the values X & A show you to how many you are connected in the swarm.

• 2 months later...

So...just so I'm clear:  On the main library display, every torrent I'm seeding shows 0(xx) under seeds (see attached jpg). Are you saying this is an artifact, and there may be other seeders active?  I assume if I'm seeding I'm not directly connected to other seeders (hence the "0") but there may be some online.

I try to be a good torrent-citizen and keep a torrent seeding long after I've seeded >2 copies, especially because many of my torrents are obscure or old.  But some of my torrebts have seeding ratios > 75 (!) and it would be convenient to clear them, so long as I'm not the only active seed.

... I assume if I'm seeding I'm not directly connected to other seeders (hence the "0") but there may be some online.

Right. The number in the brackets show you the known seeders by the tracker. As soon you are seeder (you have the 100%) you are only connected to peers which have 0-99.9% of the download.

Seeding to 2 copies (which means 200% seeding goal) is more than expected from a normal user :)

Archived