Utorrent suddently killing Internet

simonwilliams

Strange problem that has come up around 6 days ago.

Generally I will dl at an unlimited rate 24/7, & upload at 10KB/S during the day & unlimited at night. This worked fine & torrents would come in at brilliant speeds no problem & I had fine net access whilst uploading at 10kbs. Then over the weekend I was losing my net connection loads, connecting at stupidly low speeds, 416KBS at one point.

This seems to be sorted now (am with nildram) & have a stable connection speed of 4.6Mbps. However using utorrent at just 5 kbs for uploads or downloads is killing the net on my PC. Also the max dl speed I'm now getting is around 3Kbs.

So where a 350MB file used to take around 2 hours with a lot of seeders it is now estimated to take around a week.

Very strange problem & not one I can really take to my isp, so am just wondering if anyone can advise of anything to try?

Just tried it, unfortuantly hasn't made any difference. Am at unlimited dl & 5kbs uploads. All the settings of utorrent are as were before this problem occured. Any other ideas, am wondering whether it might be worth completly clearing out utorrent & all directories related to it & torrents & starting anew? But then its a pain migrating some of the torrents that are half way through & I also have a few torrents I'm seeding so an even bigger pain re-seeding those. :-(

Have turned off UPnP, restarted modem & restarted utorrent, it does seem to have improved quite a bit, not what it was before but a definate improvement. :-)

Didn't know what you meant by net.max_halfopen, couldn't see any option that seemed anything like that?

Funny how utorrent needs adjusting now though after having run fine for so longas was?

Archived