Kitkat and SD Cards solution

hanskuhn

Hi,

I noticed on your app store description that you have a fix for the SD card issues on Kitkat:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.utorrent.client&hl=en_GB

(NEW) Save to external SD cards (Solution for Google/KitKat external SD card restrictions)

I haven't been able to get this working for me, I've reinstalled utorrent but I still can't write to the SD card - can anyone provide more details about what the solution is and how to get it working?

Edit: I have version 2.11.42 (build 30832) installed on a Galaxy S5

Thanks

Hans

just installed the latest version from Google Play, and when a torrent is about to start you get to pick the download location. I see the SD card there.

They give you a small warning letting you know that the files are going to the Private folder for the app which gets to be deleted by Android if you ever uninstall uTorrent.

I think this warning should be a bit more prominent and scary, lots of people will be pissed when they lose a ton of files in the even of uninstalling a future version of the app that might be taking too much CPU use/battery consumption due to some bug.

Hi,

Ok I've found it now too - you can't just browse to any SD card location and save, you have to tap the area above the file path browser on the location dialogue - I think it says 'Shared Storage' by default, change it to 'App Storage', which is your SD card, and it automatically enters a long path within the app storage folder of your SD card, and then also pops up the warning Gubatron mentioned. It's worth noting it only did this the second time I chose App Storage, so if you can't get it working just try again.

So can confirm fix, but it needs to be activated in a specific way to work.

Cheers

Hans

• 2 months later...

Archived