Connection goes down when I use uTorrent

adoboyo

Hi, a weird problem happens while I am using uTorrent. My internet connection goes WAY down to the point where I can't do anything. Nothing is happening, no connection. Weird thing is, uTorrent is still going and is still downloading. Also, I used other Bittorrent apps like Azureus and my internet is fine. What could be the problem? Any help? Appreciate any help!

This has been answered more than 50 times already, and I'm even understating that...

Try disabling DHT. If that doesn't help, patch TCPIP.SYS and restart your computer. If that doesn't help, decrease your maximum global connections. If that doesn't help, tell us what router you're using...

It increases the number of connections that Windows will allow to be attempted at any time. Currently, there is a 10 half-open connection limit on Windows XP with SP2, meaning only 10 connections can be attempted to be made at any given moment. When you patch it, you're increasing the limit, thus allowing more applications to attempt to make connections.

Archived