Full DL speed but no UL speed at all

SvenneDK

UPDATE / EDIT

I use following programs and settings:

- Utorrent 1.5.1 beta, build 463

- Kaspersky Anti-virus Personal 5.0.237

- TCPIP patchet til 250

- Windows XP firewall (XP pro with all updates installed)

Settings i Utorrent:

Network

-----------

Global maximum upload rate = 885

Alternate upload rate = 1062

Global maximum download rate = 926

Disk Cache

--------------

Override automatic Cache Size and specify the size manually: 256MB (har 1gb)

Reduce memory usage when the cache is not needed: checked

Advanced Cache Settings = All checked

Torrents

----------

Global maximum number of connections = 200

Maximum number of connected peers per torrent = 25

Number of upload slots per torrent = 8

Use addittional upload slots if upload speed < 90% = checked

Queue settings

------------------

Maximum number of activer torrents = 50

Maximum number of active downloads = 15

Other Settings

------------------

Enable DHT = UNchecked

Enable DHT for new torrents = Unchecked

Enable Peer Exchange = checked

Enable scraping = checked

Pre-allocate = checked

Advanced Settings (all default, exept the ones below)

-----------------------

gui.compat.diropen = true

net.max_halfopen = 4024

peer.disconnect_inactive = 600

Can't find diskio.disk_write_queue in the beta?

Still, download is unpredictable, but still going at least and upload peaks and drops down till 0 kB/s

Just do some speed tests, select the appropriate (your average) upload speed in kbps in the speed guide (Options -> Speed Guide) and hit the "Use selected settings" button; at least the maximum connection and max. connected per torrent settings are totally wrong.

The UPnP, PE, DHT and PEX settings are all correct, last two of them especially if you upload on a private tracker.

Too many connections at once is far worse than too few.

A common problem with too many connections is things start out great, but as the number of connections increase...either slowly or suddenly speeds drop, possibly all the way to 0.

Trying to upload without an upload speed limit can so overload a connection that likewise speeds can drop, possibly all the way to 0. Just find out how fast your connection can go, then use a upload speed value lower than that so you can sustain that upload speed without any slowdowns -- of your downloads OR web surfing. :)

I've change the settings in the speedguide to xx/10mbit which is the closest setting to my connection (8mbit/8mbit) and it seems to work.

When i had the problem, i only had 3 torrents going and all seeding, so to many torrents wasn't the problem and before i formated i could have 15-20 torrents going both ul and dl.

The problem of websurfing slowing down when uploading at max speed can be solved by the program cfosspeed, don't know if anyone heard of it?, its awesome. You are able to use all of your bw in your bittorrent client and the speed is still at max in your browser.

Edit:

What would you recommend to set in:

- Global maximum number of connections

- Maximum number of connected peers per torrent

- Number of upload slots per torrent

- Maximum number of active torrents (Upload or Download)

- Maximum number of active torrents (Whats the difference regarding the above?)

All in mind that i have 4mbit/2mbit and sometimes 8mbit/8mibt and that i upload on a private tracker with max 30 peers connected per torrent.

- Maximum number of active torrents (Upload or Download)

- Maximum number of active torrents (Whats the difference regarding the above?)

All in mind that i have 4mbit/2mbit and sometimes 8mbit/8mibt and that i upload on a private tracker with max 30 peers connected per torrent.

The difference between them is that the one below means "Maximum number of DOWNLOADING torrents".

If you have 2 various speeds (4/2 mbit and 8/8 mbit) regularly scheduled by your ISP you may use the scheduler in µTorrent to set the upload speed properly.

How many seeds/peers are on that specific torrent and with how many of them are you connected?

What percentage of that torrent you've completed?

Did you tried to dl the open office torrent? If not, try it - it's a good test-torrent.

Please give us more details about this problem - I am still confused about the "switch between to locations/connections with different ISPs"...

How many seeds/peers are on that specific torrent and with how many of them are you connected?

What percentage of that torrent you've completed?

Did you tried to dl the open office torrent? If not, try it - it's a good test-torrent.

Please give us more details about this problem - I am still confused about the "switch between to locations/connections with different ISPs"...

Now i'm currently seeding with max 500 kB/s on a completed (100%) DVD5 with 6 peers (all connected) and 3 seeds (none connected).

The thing with switching connections is that i use a laptop and i live with my dad but sometimes i bring the computer to my mom where they have this fast connection that i'm on at the moment.

That depends also on the peers you have.

If there are only few peers and they have weak connections you will never be able to use your max. upload capacity - that simply exceeds their download speed... You will only upload at your capacity on very large swarms or if there are in the swarm few peers with good connections (comparable to yours).

Archived