Downloading with DHT Only

puja399

yes, if DHT is enabled on that torrent and people are still using it.

I'm currently doing it.

Edit: misread some, but you can remove the tracker from the text area in the pop-up box, DHT is less reliable than a tracker in finding peers. Its best used only when theres no running tracker for the torrent.

.... but you can remove the tracker from the text area in the pop-up box.....

Yes, that is a way, but I was hoping to do it in some other elegant way, like unchecking a checkbox or something (like turning off DHT from the statusbar or from the Properties dialog).

Thanks for reply though..... :)

... so you don't report your leeching to <insert private tracker name here/>? ... brilliant.

There is a way to prevent some cheating users from superleeching from you. Some clients like Azureus allow you to select from which sources NEW client connections are allowed. I don't allow DHT ones since from my experience, nearly all of them do not upload to me but merely download. After months of this terribly bad behaviour I finally got tired of it and only use DHT when I am trying to seed something like old torrents in order to keep them alive and help users complete. But for new fresh torrents, DHT is off baby!!

Archived