no incoming connection if disable legacy connection

vod

Hi all,

my utorrent has been wrking fine for months. recently, due to suspicion of isp throtling, i use "Forced Protocol Encryption". When i uncheck "allow incoming legacy connection", i realise that i receive no incoming connection at all. the light stays yellow. however the download speed improves. when i enable legacy connection, the light goes green however download speed becomes slightly slower. any idea what is going on? is it a bug (not showing incoming connection in peer list) or it is indeed no incoming connection if "allow incoming legacy conneciton" is un-check.

fyi, necessary ports are forwarded properly.

thanks

thanks for the direction however i have read that couple of times before posting here. anyway, that faq doesnt answer my question. if i understand correctly, uncheck allow legacy connection will only disable non encrypted connection while still allowing encrypted incoming connection to go through. in my case, if "allow incoming legacy connection" is uncheck, i dont have any incoming connection at all (both encrypted and non-encrypted).

vod, it doesn't really matter as long as you connect to enough peers. Since encryption is disabled by default (probably), most people don't use it and don't make encrypted connection attempts, however you can connect them.

------------------------------------------

Does it happen with every torrent you use?

------------------------------------------

i just started to enable encryption and disable legacy connection. for the time being, based on my current 2 progressing torrents, that affects both.

----------------------------------------------

vod, it doesn't really matter as long as you connect to enough peers. Since encryption is disabled by default (probably), most people don't use it and don't make encrypted connection attempts, however you can connect them.

-----------------------------------------------

i see. but without incoming connection shouldnt the speed become slower? thats from my understanding of torrent mechanism.

thanks guys.

Archived