How do I backup my utorrent list?

rmach

Hi all,

I have a list of torrents which I haven't begun downloading but they are loaded in utorrent.

I need to reinstall windows but don't want to loose this information. How do I save it so I can load my torrent list again when I reinstall windows and utorrent?

Many thanks

Hi all,

I have a list of torrents which I haven't begun downloading but they are loaded in utorrent.

I need to reinstall windows but don't want to loose this information. How do I save it so I can load my torrent list again when I reinstall windows and utorrent?

Many thanks

Which list are you referring to? If you want to save that data folder you need to copy it from your appdata/user/roaming in there will be a folder "utorrent" copy that and save it to a memory stick or something else. But remember all your setting in utorrent preferences must match your new install setting otherwise it will not work.

Also read this as well...

How do I migrate torrents from a different client to uTorrent?

http://help.utorrent.com/customer/portal/articles/1826054-how-do-i-migrate-torrents-from-a-different-client-to-utorrent-?b_id=3883

I am referring to the torrents list that appears when you open utorrent and see displayed there. They are torrents which I haven't started downloading yet, I simply opened the .utorrent file from the web and loaded them into the program. The problem is I that if I go to appdata/user/roaming it contains not only the torrents on this list but also all the other ones which I have been completely downloaded in the past and which I don't want to add to the torrent list in the program again. Isn't there a way to sort out the already downloaded ones from the ones which are still waiting to be downloaded?

Thanks again

I am referring to the torrents list that appears when you open utorrent and see displayed there. They are torrents which I haven't started downloading yet, I simply opened the .utorrent file from the web and loaded them into the program. The problem is I that if I go to appdata/user/roaming it contains not only the torrents on this list but also all the other ones which I have been completely downloaded in the past and which I don't want to add to the torrent list in the program again. Isn't there a way to sort out the already downloaded ones from the ones which are still waiting to be downloaded?

Thanks again

This would mean your setting are messed up I don't have that in my settings appdata/user folder at all. If you failed at the time of the inital torrent install to create separate folder where utorrent program installed then your going to have a messy cleanup here to find what is current and what is old.

I used the default settings I believe...

Not good you should've make a folder where utorrent program was installed and set your preferences for each folder that would save you alot of time as everything by default would be in one folder making it a messy cleanup.

Archived