Torrents are not saved/stored/remembered in portable mode.

naugas

When running in portable mode and restarting 3.1.2 b26740 all torrents handled are gone and missing. I first thought is was because I used a relative path (.\torrents\) but when resetting to default values which makes utorrent store the torrent files in the working directory, the problem was still there. At restart it's just a blank torrent list...

edit: As a sidenote, torrent file association doesn't work anymore on the computer I'm at, always has before when running portable.

Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean...? utorrent was just blank after a restart, no matter what state handled torrents were in. It was running in portable mode all the time, no change there. Relative paths or not, stopped, paused, finished, completed, to be resumed - nada. Blank, everything gone at every restart. Resetting to default values, starting with a blank settings.dat file didn't change anything. There seems to be an update now, b76745 which I haven't tried yet (and I have to admit I also forgot to see if there was any beta versions available).

edit: no change... :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue since upgrading to 26773. Each time I restart µtorrent the download queue is empty. I never had this problem before, running µtorrent from my usb drive for years with the very same settings.

As suggested I tried to put an absolute path for "location of downloaded files", but µtorrent seems to translate it back into a relative path so this didn't make any difference.

I consider this an extremely annoying bug, having to re-add the torrents and re-select the files I want and don't want each and every time. I would revert to the previous version if I knew how.

"Good" (in a bad way) that someone can confirm this bug. I got a bit worried that I didn't try enough different settings and scenarios. I had to revert to an old version (do a google search for utorrent old version to find some sources) to be able to use it.

I just updated to uTorrent Portable 3.1.2.26773 from PortableApps.com and I'm experiencing the same problem: no torrents remain in the queue after closing uTorrent. I've checked the folder where all the .torrent files are stored and they are all there still.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here.

I've been using uTorrentPortable, from Portableapps.com for years now and when I'm downloading torrents, I'll stop the downloads when I'm leaving a particular machine - and then begin them again, say, on another day, say, at a completely different machine, and when I again, fire up uTorrent, all of my completed and incomplete torrents are there, on the UI (the ones, of course, I haven't specifically removed), and I can, then, continue my downloads. This was the case even when after having upgraded and installed a new build from Portableapps.com-that is, until the 3.x builds came along, and now, after having installed build after build (3.x) over top of the existing uTorrentPortable installation (on my flash drive), hoping that this behavior would improve - it has not, and my UI is, still, continually empty of all torrents after every restart and I have to re-add them. Additionally, adding torrents always would-by default-bring up the 'window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode', with the correct torrent name and download directory showing in the entry field at the top. Now this field is always blank, so, essentially, the torrent doesn't know where to go-or even the name of the torrent being downloaded, in the first place; you have to go searching for the torrent yourself, back in the torrents folder (or wherever), and then choose it to 'Save as', and then hope it goes to the right folder. My answer to this has been to uncheck this preference-for bringing up this dialog box, and the torrent will then go straight to the specified download folder; but you don't get to check or uncheck specific files inside the torrent before downloading, etc.

I'm wondering if ther is some advanced preference that needs to be enabled for uTorrent to continue its previous behavior of remembering-essentially picking right up where it left off when you previously exited-your list of active torrents. I'm still looking around the forums for info on this. Meanwhile, I did find this post, detailing the exact same problem I've been having, and I wanted to, definitely, ad my experiences to the thread.

Archived