"Start minimized" and "Program Hotkey"

bundat

I didn't seem to be able to find these features in the preferences.

- Anyway, allowing uTorrent to "start minimized" would be useful, since even if I stick uTorrent in my startup programs so that I can seed whenever they turn on the computer, my parents close the torrent window no matter how many times I tell them not to (they sometimes even kill it in the System Tray if I set it to "close to tray").

However, they never notice it when it is already minimized (i.e. the one who turned on the PC was ME, or I'm using another torrent program that starts minimized).

- Also, I'm a "keyboard-zealot", that is, I hardly use the mouse unless I have to, and use tons of keyboard shortcuts instead. But I also don't like clutter in my taskbar, so I set uTorrent to minimize to tray. It would be useful to be able to set a "hotkey" that automatically restores and minimizes the uTorrent window.

-----

Actually, both of these features are on the client I'm currently using to "auto-seed", which is XBT.

But I'd prefer uTorrent since it has a smaller memory footprint, and it's uTorrent, which is hassle free.

(no installation, more features like DHT, better support, etc.)

And some trackers also ban my other client for being able to spoof itself as a different torrent client.

Actually, http://utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_make_.C2.B5Torrent_start_minimized.3F is a bit buggy. Sometimes µTorrent starts minimized in the tray like it should, sometimes the tray icon isn't visible (fortunately there's a shortcutkey for that) and sometimes µTorrent just starts popped up in the middle of the screen.

I believe it has something to do with how you close µTorrent in the previous session.

Archived