Multiple Download for same torrent

kennethsy

My downloaded torrent is being saved in a network attached storage.(NAS)

I have 3 pc's connected to this NAS. When I open the pcs I like them to continue the

downloading of the started torrent together even when the torrent was started by a different PC without

having to force-recheck the torrent. As long as there is a PC running the torrent activity doesn't stop

Is this possible?

So your 3 PC's are connected to the NAS, all are in the same network.

Having 3 PC's running utorrent will devide the useable bandwith for each of the PC's to 1/3. Also the overhead you produce is 3 times higher than only using 1 PC with the maximum bandwith and have only the overhead you need for 1 PC running uTorrent.

But in theory it's possible. You need a multifile torrent, select approx. 1/3 of the files for the first, the other ones skip. A different 1/3 for the second and so on. After each of the 3 PC's has finished its "part" you can stop the torrent in them, select all files to "normal" and restart the torrent. This must be done in each of the 3 PC's.

As I wrote above: the first way is the easier, simplier and better.

And: this has been requested before ...

Hi,

So you mean to say that the 3 pcs will have the same download location on the NAS only that the files are divided into 3 and will have 2/3 skips for each. I'll try this one.

So this can't be done if a torrent has only one big file.

What I have in mind really is load balancing the torrent activity.

thanks.

Archived