Torrent stops because of too long filename

ZyaX

I get the message in the status column: "Error: The filename or extension is too long."

It stops and I get this message, however it has downloaded a little bit. I can start the torrent again and it downloads a little bit more for a while longer, but then it stops and flips me the bird again :s

Is there any setting to allow these long filenames that I've missed maybe? :o

this happen to me with a coheed and cambria album, but a lot of people can get it with out a problema.

this happen to me in the 1.1.2 version, i dont have the chance to test the 1.1.4 version yet

Try to download to C:Download instead of some insanely large path.

a 255 char long filename? wtf is it that you're downloading? :D :shock:

This:

Acid_Mothers_Temple_And_The_Cosmic_Inferno--IAO_Chant_From_The_Cosmic_Inferno-.Ace_Fu.-2005-HiT2000 (99 characters)

No, it's a limit in Windows. Download to a shorter folder name.

It is obviously not, since the folder name exists in windows.

How do I change the folder name of where the torrent is to download?

PS. This was for version 1.1.4, I've also tried for 1.1.5 (which I am running at the moment) and the problem is still there.

and yet, it probably is.. try with any other client and see if you get the same results.

btw, you have to consider the whole path.. for example C:Documents and SettingsZyaXMy DocumentsDownloadsAcid_Mothers_Temple_And_The_Cosmic_Inferno--IAO_Chant_From_The_Cosmic_Inferno-.Ace_Fu.-2005-HiT20000-Acid_Mothers_Temple_And_The_Cosmic_Inferno-IAO_Chant_From_The_Cosmic_Inferno-.Ace_Fu.-2005-HiT2000.nfo

would be 259 characters.. which is too much, whereas saving it in, say.. C:Torrent_Downloads makes it 226, which should be alright

Archived