Torrent Files and Utorrent

Malediciton

Okay I thought this was just me, but yes experiencing this as well but using the Beta builds.

At first I thought it was just due to the torrent using characters such as " [ ] " brackets and when I remove the brackets then it works fine.

So now gotta save the .torrent and rename before able to open in uTorrent.

Update:
Seems that when I rolled back to 3.1.3 the issue isn't present anymore... So definitely a regression happened somewhere, unsure when it started though.

Only reason I downgraded was due to a private tracker wanting to ban the more recent branches of uTorrent due to reporting incorrect stats or something. But due to user vote they decided not to ban it but just advised to use 2.2.1.

But hopefully in future this issue gets fixed.

That's  exactly what I thought as I think previously the most renown one was BitComet to be the culprit.

ALso using older versions isn't a "solution" just a workaround. So just being hopeful in future versions things get better.

But this issue that some of us are facing is definitely a regression and major as well. Given that we shouldn't need to rename said torrent file for uTorrent to open it when other clients open it fine without having to rename. More or less an older version of uTorrent works as well.

Archived