Order of torrents is now completely random since 3.4.0

Sheriziya

Hi,

I've always had my torrents listed like this:

* to download, numbered with the last one added as the last number

* downloaded, alphabetically 0-9, a-z

Right now the files to download are still ordered like they should, but the downloaded torrents are ordered completely at random, or so it seems.:

Arrow (5 months ago added and completed)

Arrow (6 months ago added and completed)

9-file (2 weeks ago added and completed)

After Earth (6 months ago added, 5 months ago completed)

Arrow (several) (variying dates of added and completed, including a week ago, not listed properly: episode 2.10, 2.11, 2.05, 2.12, 2.15, etc, while I downloaded each arrow episode in the week it was released, so in proper order)

Beauty and the beast (etc)

Arrow (etc)

Atlantis (etc)

Back (etc)

Atlantis (etc)

etc.

You can see it in this screenshot. I've uploaded it to my own site because it's too big to upload it here. Resizing it would make it not good readable. In this screenshot it's ordered based on "#"

I can't seem to find any logic in this order. What's going on?

Anyone have any idea on how I can get the list of downloaded torrents back to being truly alphabetically, like this:

9-file

9-file

9-file

After.earth.2013

Arrow.S01

Arrow.S01E01-23

Arrow.S02.Special-Year

Arrow.S02E01

Arrow.S02E02

Atlantis.2013.1x01

Atlantis.2013.1x02

Beauty.and.the.Beast.2012.S02E01

Beauty.and.the.Beast.2012.S02E02

etc.

Thanks for the help!

That's no solution for the problem. Then I'll have ALL torrents listed alphabetacilly. I want the torrents still to be downloaded listed by their number and torrents already downloaded listed alphabetically, like it was before update 3.4.0 (I think it was that update that caused the mixe up of the already downloaded torrents).

So:

To be downloaded:

etc

Torrents already downloaded:

9-file

9-file

9-file

After.earth.2013

Arrow.S01

Arrow.S01E01-23

Arrow.S02.Special-Year

Arrow.S02E01

Arrow.S02E02

Atlantis.2013.1x01

Atlantis.2013.1x02

Beauty.and.the.Beast.2012.S02E01

Beauty.and.the.Beast.2012.S02E02

etc.

And this all in one list, like it was before. I never had this aweful mix up I now have with the combined list.

Like I said, right now there's absolutely NO (seemingly) logic in the list, besides the order of the still to be downloaded torrents. The already downloaded torrents list is a complete and utter mess. No logic AT ALL.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this because I still haven't gotten a solution to this very annoying problem.

So.... Any more information about this very, very, very annoying way of ordering? Where's the logic in the order of the torrents? I know for a fact I've downloaded, i.e., all Arrow episodes on the week they were released, so:

Arrow Season 2, Episode 1 (created, added, completed on 10/10/2013)

Arrow Season 2, Episode 2 (c/a/c 10/17/2013)

Arrow Season 2, Episode 3 (c/a/c 10/24/2013)

Arrow Season 2, Episode 4 (c/a/c 10/31/2013)

etc.

If I look at my completed torrents, sorted by # ( I assume it's number, but of what?) the ordering of the episodes is one big mess:

Arrow Season 2, Episode 8 (created, added, completed on 12/5/2013)

Arrow Season 2, Episode 2 (c/a/c 10/17/2013)

Arrow Season 2, Episode 11 (c/a/c 1/23/2014)

Arrow Season 2, Episode 5  (c/a/c 11/7/2013)

Arrow Season 2, Episode 3 (c/a/c 10/24/2013)

And I've got much more jumbled mess. There's absolutely NO logic in the order. How's the # determined???? And with that the real order?

If I have a look at my total list of torrents (to be downloaded and already downloaded), I've got the list "sorted" by #. I assume the to be downloaded list (with the actual number in front of the torrent) is set up in the order I add the torrents. But how on earth is the rest of the list determined?

I've made a new screenshot of the list I have in utorrent now (only the already downloaded torrents in the total list) and next to it the list I linked earlier. I've changed absolutely NOTHING in the settings, but as you can see on the right side the list has become even less logical than it already was (old situation on the left side).

How can I get an order in ONE list with the following:

to be downloaded torrents sorted by number (#) and already downloaded torrents sorted alphabetically?

Why has this been changed? What caused it to change? And can this be undone?

Sorting by name in the total list is NO solution at all, like I already stated, cause then you'd have a jumbled mess of to be downloaded and already downloaded torrents.

Archived