A firewalled peer

mcaspi

I have my own thoughts but I'd like to ask anyway. A peer is firewalled. What signs would show me that the peer is firewalled (including logger disconnection messages, flags etc.) and what signs would show me that the peer is blocking other peers. Thanks.

I have my own thoughts but I'd like to ask anyway. A peer is firewalled. What signs would show me that the peer is firewalled (including logger disconnection messages, flags etc.) and what signs would show me that the peer is blocking other peers. Thanks.

You most likely won't see the peer as a result of the firewall. And what do you mean "longer" disconnections? If their firewall doesn't permit file sharing you won't see them or their seeds.

As any file sharing you have no access to their side so you have no idea what they are doing on their side or how they are seeding. They can allow their program to go through their firewall but block any incoming that is their choice not yours to make for them. And since no one here knows what their setup on their side is unless you yourself contact them there not much you can do if their firewall blocks any request.

Archived