Download problems

or_barak

I have been working with utorrent for a long time.

All of sudden I have DL problems for any torrent. I have a 2.5mb/250kb connection but I my download speed will not go above 25kB/s, which is nowhere near my max speed!

The upload usually works fine, i.e. at the max setting I have set.

I cannot attribute it to any change I have made in the program or the system.

Also, utorrent does not connect to as much peers as it should.. even when I set max peers per torrent to 40, I only get 20 or so..

I am behind a router, but I tried bypassing it and connecting directly, no change..

and also I have worked with utorrent and this router and there have been no problems..

I am behind NIS 2010 firewall, but I tried disabling it and still, no change!

Working on Win7 utorrent 2.0.2 build 19648

I also went through the FAQ and guides on this website, tried several things but nothing helped..

Any ideas?

(on a side note... a little weird that utorrent shows up as a spelling error as I am typing out this topic..!)

Thanks!

Uninstalled NIS 2010.

Of course Windows Firewall automatically enabled itself, but I made sure utorrent is allowed..

No change.

I should also mention that the utorrent bandwidth test fails always, on every server, for various reasons:

"Data send error: Server closed the connection. (10054)"

"Read failure"

"Server does not support this client"

"Connection failed error: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is..."

"Connection failed error: Timed out (10060)"

"Timed out waiting for message from server"

Sometimes the test goes through "Running upload test.." and then fails, and sometimes fails during connection.

And obviously my internet works... and on dslreports and other speed testing websites I am getting correct speed results.

Also, encryption is set to "enabled", but I am getting the feeling it has nothing to do with my ISP..

Any ideas?

try the tips in my sig, with the ubuntu test-torrent there . The uT setup guide has crappy servers, and isn't worth a shit (speedtest.net is just as good). Or just set the setup guide manually to 256/x

no help..

I changed:

"tcp_rate_control" to FALSE

"bt.connect_speed" to 5

"net.max_halfopen" to 8

Unchecked "Enable Bandwidth Management" (I noticed it changed "bt.transp_disposition" to 21)

Of course my port is forwarded.. everything seems to be in order..

but even with the ubuntu torrent I am getting no more than 20KB/s

:(

Archived