Speed concerning versions prior/after 1.5.1 build 462

tgunda

Are there any differences between versions prior/after 1.5.1 build 462 (I think) which might have a profound influence on the download and the burden on the router?

Using UT 1.5 I configured the setup with some experimentation according to the "Mini-guide to help all of you with your speed problems..." on the forum. I have a Linksys WRT54G router and yes, I read about its problems discussed in the forum. However, I did not changed its firmware because UT played well. BUT in the case of the latest beta 1.5.1 versions and the 1.6 RC I experienced serious connection problems. Very slow download, and while UT is running (well below the max. speed of my ADSL), the Firefox browser is also very-very slow. I doublechecked: only when UT is running. On quitting UT and restarting the router the browser works normally again.

I've found a similar issue with my D-Link DI-524 router. I have the latest firmware for the router and everything was working great up until revision 465. All posterior versions won't use UPNP correctly. I get download speeds of about 5kb even with the latest release of uTorrent. I went back through all the previous versions and found that with version 465 I have a green light again and download speeds over 100kb. Any ideas on what's going on?

Archived