Everything else downloaded into ~uTorrentPartFile_.dat file when doing a partial download.

naugas

I did a partial download of a torrent the other day, just selecting one 600MB video file in a 3 GB torrent with a few other video files and some pictures. For some reason the size of the .dat-file caught my eye when I was browsing to the video, and it was very big. Looking at the file list in utorrent, all files had downloaded, even those that were set to be skipped. When setting the files to priority normal, they all "extracted" from the .dat-file to "normal" files.

Can't reproduce it, but I guess it could be good to know that this can happen. Using 3.4.3 40760

The first thing I noticed was that the partial file was 2,4 GB, which was, well, noticeable big. The same size as all those files I didn't want to download. Since the piece size was 4 MB it should have about 8 MB max. The second thing was that all files showed up as 100% completed in the info panel (in spite of having priority "skip (0)"). The third thing was that all the other 14 files that "extracted" from that 2,4 GB partfile when I set download priority to normal instead of don't download/skip, played perfectly. I didn't bother to rehash.

At the moment I only use utorrent now and then, and only for partial downloads, as I have a nas that takes care of the bulk. As far as the download procedure goes I opened the torrent, clicked "select none", checked that single file, selected a label and pressed ok. Minimized it and left it to do its thing... I had one or two completed torrents besides this one when starting it.

I tried doing it again, same procedure but just downloading for a short time, enough for both end pieces of the selected file to download and some more. But as far as could see it downloaded normally, and the partfile was just 5,8 MB.

Archived